Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Penguin

Comic Con 09: Penguin on the Phone

The Penguin is a very odd villain to me. There seems to be something old about the idea of him as a comic. I really wish that comic book companies could just let time pass in the comics. I think it would make comics better and not worst. Stan Lee said something about comic books only working when the world of the heroes is like the world of the readers. That is why General Motors never made the Fantasticar to have every American flying around.

That being said, it is hard to make the Penguin relevent in the current world. It is easy to see why he could be a villain in the 40's and 50's, not it is hard to see what makes him a villain. Just because you are ugly you do not get to be a villain. If I ran batman I would retire the Penguin. I would keep him in the book, but not as a bad guy. He would be just be a character in Gotham.

No comments:

Post a Comment